YOUR GENETICS DETERMINES YOUR DIET
Myi3 food intolerance test
Myi3 food intolerance test analyses the presence or absence of risk markers for the 3 most common food intolerances:
Permanent gluten intolerance (Celiac disease):
Lactose intolerance when the body stops producing lactase (lactase non-persistence):
Hereditary fructose intolerance (study of the most frequent mutations present in more than 92% of the diagnosed cases worldwide):
Why perform the Myi3 test?
The symptoms of gluten, lactose and fructose intolerance are very similar. Thus, the Myi3 genetic test allows us to determine the origin of the symptoms allowing personalised and effective treatment. Studying how food groups affect each individual could even reduce the risk of onset thanks to early diagnosis.
Who is Myi3 for?
Myi3 is recommended for people who present gastrointestinal symptoms and do not know the cause.
This test is also recommended for people with clinical suspicion of lactose, fructose or gluten intolerance, or with a history of food intolerance
Some symptoms of food intolerances
In addition to the main symptoms, these intolerances are associated with different symptoms that disappear with an appropriate diet; some of them are:
- Diarrhoea, abdominal pain, indigestion, gas, bloating, abdominal distention and frequent, loose and bad smelling stools.
- Poor appetite, anorexia, anemia, and weight loss.
- Psoriasis, dermatitis herpetiformis, hair loss, and weaknails.
- Both male and female infertility, irregular period, early onset of menopause, etc.
- Muscle cramps, fibromyalgia, bone and joint pains and osteoporosis.
- Coordination and movement problems, gluten ataxia.
- Headaches, migraines, fatigue, irritability and depression.
- Type 1 diabetes, autoimmune hepatitis, rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus and Sjögren’s syndrome.
- Addison’s disease. In children it also implies the presence of reduced growth and lack of weight gain.
- Fructose intolerance causes hypoglycemia and fructose consumption can cause irreversible liver and kidney damage.
FEEL GOOD AND ENJOY EATING THANKS TO MYI3
What are food intolerances?
Food intolerance is an adverse reaction of the body caused by the consumption of certain foods. The most common symptoms of intolerance are headache, stomach pain, diarrhoea, overweight, chronic fatigue, joint inflammation, and skin problems. The ingestion of foods containing substances to which we are intolerant gradually leads to severe health problems. Unfortunately, a large percentage of the population remains undiagnosed. Unfortunately, a large percentage of the population remains undiagnosed.
Celiac disease is an autoimmune pathology with genetic predisposition, determined by several alleles of the HLA system. The presence of these risk alleles causes an adverse reaction to gluten in some people. Gluten is a protein present in wheat, rye, barley, and products derived from these cereals.
Celiac disease is characterised by atrophy of the villi of the intestinal mucosa and malabsorption of nutrients due to exposure to gluten, leading to malnutrition and intestinal problems, among others.
Lactose intolerance is very common, usually caused by a lactase deficit (hypolactasia) that is acquired with age. When the activity of this enzyme is very low, lactose cannot be digested, causing abdominal pain, flatulence and diarrhoea. The decrease in lactase production with age is genetically determined.
Hereditary fructose intolerance (HFI) or fructosemia
HFI is a genetic disease caused by a deficiency in aldolase B, an enzyme that allows the metabolism of fructose. This pathology prevents the correct digestion of any food that contains fructose, sucrose or sorbitol. The consumption of foods containing these substances can cause severe hypoglycemia and liver and kidney failure.
Introducing the Overgenes Myi3 genetic test
- Myi3 is the only genetic test that can determine the risk of gluten, lactose (lactase non-persistence) and fructose intolerance in a single analysis.
- Myi3 is a non invasive test. The DNA is obtained from a saliva sample, it is completely painless and is suitable for any person of any age.
- Myi3 requires only a single test, as genetics do not change throughout life.
- Myi3 analyses genetic markers with scientific validity and clinical utility for genetic diagnosis of food intolerances.
- Innovative technology that offer higher robustness and accuracy in the analysis.
- Once the sample has been received in the laboratory, you will receive your results within 20 days.