OPTIMISE AND PERSONALISE THE BEST THERAPY THROUGH YOUR GENETICS
In a broad sense, it is the medicine specifically tailored to each individual. In contrast to tradicional medicine, the focus is not on a group or set within the population, but on each person, ensuring that treatments are best suited to the specific individual characteristics of each patient.
This concept is closely related to understanding the patient’s genetics, since both the genome and the environment are responsible for the phenotype of the individual, which is the set of visible characteristics that an individual presents as a result of the interaction between their genotype and the environment.
Pharmacogenetics analyses the genetic variability associated with response to medication in order to optimise its safety and efficacy.
The availability of this genetic information allows determination of the most appropriate medication for each patient and a greater precision in adjusting the dose to be administered. In other words, knowing this genetic variability helps to optimise the pharmacological treatment for each patient in a personalised way. This process increases the efficacy of the treatment and avoids possible adverse reactions.
This is especially relevant in severe diseases, where it is crucial to ensure the efficacy of the treatment and minimise the risk of toxicity.
What is MyPharma Onco for?
The MyPharma Onco test determines the presence/absence of problematic genetic variants associated with a wide range of oncology drugs. This genetic information shows:
- Which medicine and/or at what dose offers the best therapeutic benefits.
- Which medicine and/or at what dose adverse reactions are less likely to occur.
Who is MyPharma Onco for?
All people who are going to receive a pharmacological treatment for cancer included in the MyPharma Onco test, and those people who are already receiving treatment with any of the drugs tested and have adverse reactions and/or an ineffective response.
What does MyPharma Onco analyse?
This test analyses genetic markers involved in the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of a wide range of drugs used in cancer treatment. Specifically, it considers genes involved in the transport, activity and metabolism of the following drugs:
- Doxorubicin or adiamycin
This analysis provides genetic insights into the variability of response to drugs commonly used in the treatment of cancers such as colon, breast, ovarian, lung and gastric among others.
MINIMISE RISKS AND MAXIMISE THE BENEFITS OF MEDICINES
Meet MyPharma Onco
- MyPharma Onco is a genetic test that determines the presence/absence of problematic genetic variants associated with cancer drugs.
- MyPharma Onco helps to establish a more effective and safer pharmacological treatment by characterising the patient’s response to a wide range of medicines.
- MyPharma Onco is a non invasive test. The DNA is obtained from a saliva sample, which is completely painless and is suitable for any person of any age.
- MyPharma Onco requires only a single test, as genetics do not change throughout life.
- MyPharma Onco analyses genetic markers with the highest level of scientific evidence.
- Innovative technology for greater precision and depth in the results.
- Once the sample has been received in the laboratory, you will receive your results within 20 days.