FIND OUT YOUR GENETIC PREDISPOSITION TO DEVELOP DIABETES
What does MyDiabetes test analyse?
MyDiabetes is a genetic test that analyses genetic variants of more than 100 genes with scientific evidence in the characterisation of diabetes, and their segregation between:
- Type 2 diabetes
- Maturity Onset Diabetes of the Young (MODY)
Diabetes is a highly prevalent disease worldwide, with approximately 10.5% of the world’s adult population suffering from diabetes, of which 85-95% of all cases are diagnosed as type 2 diabetes. On the other hand, MODY is estimated at 1 in 1000 diabetics.
Knowing your genetics related to this disease allows to personalise prevention guidelines and the appropriate treatment for you.
Who is MyDiabetes for?
MyDiabetes is recommended for anyone with diabetes or with a clinical suspicion of diabetes, as well as those with a family history of diabetes. Your genetic profile does not change throughout life, so the MyDiabetes test can be taken by anyone at any age. It is recommended that a specialist evaluate and interpret the results in order to personalise your treatments.
What is MyDiabetes for?
MyDiabetes test determines the presence or absence of genetic variants associated with the different types of diabetes analysed. This genetic information allows:
- Discovering your genetic predisposition to develop type 2 diabetes and MODY.
- Finding out your pharmacogenetic compatibility with the most commonly used drugs in the treatment of diabetes.
- Personalising your habits and treatments according to your needs.
What is pharmacogenetics?
Pharmacogenetics studies genetic variability associated with response to medication in order to optimise its safety and efficacy.
Having this genetic information helps determine the most appropriate medicine for each patient, adjusting more accurate and personalized doses for the therapies, increasing effectiveness and avoiding adverse reactions.
1 IN 2 ADULTS LIVING WITH DIABETES ARE UNDIAGNOSED
Type 2 diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is characterised by a slow development of the disease, which is why it is usually diagnosed in adults. The origin of this disease is multifactorial, with both genetics and environment playing an important role in its development. Type 2 diabetes can be caused mainly by the disruption of three processes:
- Reduced insulin sensitivity
- Reduced insulin production
- Increased insulin degradation
MODY (Maturity Onset Diabetes of the Young) is a disease characteristics very similar to those of type 2 diabetes, although MODY has a purely genetic origin. This test analyses the 9 most frequent subtypes of MODY in the population, each characterised by a mutation in a single gene, which may be:
- MyDiabetes is a genetic test to identify your genetic predisposition to develop diabetes and to know your compatibility with the most common drugs in order to personalise your treatment.
- MyDiabetes is a non-invasive test. The DNA is obtained from a saliva sample, which is completely painless and is suitable for any person of any age.
- MyDiabetes requires only a single test, as genetics do not change throughout life.
- MyDiabetes analyses genetic markers with scientific evidence.
- Innovative technology for greater precision and depth in the results.
- Once the sample has been received in the laboratory, you will receive your results within 20 days.